DEATH BATTLE! Casting Call - Open Audition for "He-Man VS Lion-O"
This audition is closed. Thanks to everyone who participated! We will be contacting our chosen voice actors within the week!
DEATH BATTLE Episode 26 will be He-Man VS Lion-O. It has been coming along nicely alongside the rest of the next season... and now we're looking for voice actors! That's right, these two 80's icons will be talking trash and puns during the duel! Their cheesy banter will play a pivotal role in the episode, and YOU can be one of their voices! Are you up for playing one of these classic warriors?
HOW TO AUDITION IN 3 EASY STEPS!
1. Select the character names below you wish to try out for to download audition lines and samples. (11 MB total) You can audition for both if you'd like!
2. Record the audition lines as well as one "death scream." Feel free to add your own original lines if you'd like. While recording, keep in mind DEATH BATTLE is a very action-heavy show.
3. Email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email following this format: "DEATH BATTLE - Your name" Not following the title format may cause your audition to be overlooked. You may include a resumé if possible. Please submit your audition by Monday, April 22.
Only two people will be selected, so don't feel bad if you don't get your role. Have some fun with it! Plus, keep a look out for other open casting calls for future episodes!
- Please send your audio files in .mp3, .aif, or .wav formats.
- We cannot accept poor sound quality, so please use a decent equipment.
- Do not digitally distort or adjust your recording. For example, do not digitally replicate the reverberation in He-Man's voice.
- No previous experience is required to audition. However, you may include a resumé of comparable experience if you can, if only to show examples of your reliability. This is optional.
- Please note that this is a voluntary position, and you will not be paid. You will be credited for your role, which will be viewed on ScrewAttack, YouTube, and Revision 3. We may include a link to a webpage of your choice, like a YouTube channel. Also, you will get warm and fuzzy feelings as a bonus and we will love you forever. :)
- By submitting an audition, you agree to not publicize any non-public information we disclose to you about the upcoming episode. This includes characters, dialogue, choreography, and anything else involved in DEATH BATTLE! Episode 26.
- ScrewAttack.com, DEATH BATTLE, and associates claim no responsibility for any liabilities, costs, or injuries you encounter as a result of this project. Though we'll certainly be surprised if you do somehow injure yourself with your microphone.
We are extremely excited to have the community directly involved in DEATH BATTLE again, and hope to see your auditions soon! Thanks folks!
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments below and I'll respond as soon as I can!
from development to commercialization mainly oriented toward the development of the main livelihood; say it is reborn, mbt trainers because it is among the mbt shoes transformation toward a great freshman; say it is deep sorrow, mbt shoes uk because the Ariemca society and the Ariemca people to pay the price is too high.
Kenpachi vs. Trunks isn't a bad idea for a fight however Kenpachi has a while to go.
this was pretty cool..however, i think captain kenpachi zaraki from bleach vs. trunks from dragon ball z and gt series would be an awesome battle considering the fact that they are both really powerful swordsmen and fighters in general
You know, I really like the fact that they're doing this. Allowing voices for all upcoming death battles will allow for a lot of personality.
Later this month it was just confirmed by Ben.
Yo when this is coming out??
DAMN! If only I'd seen this sooner. My Lion-O is flawless.
No I'm not and if I was I wouldn't post this now wouldn't I?
I am curious as to who got the parts...unless they haven't been announced yet.
ahhHA! So you're one of them! CAUGHT YA! just tell us what day it comes out! we're not bad people, just impatient.
If you read the blog you'd see that they said the deadline was Monday. Sorry dude but they DID announce it.
Dammit! And I was gonna audition for He-Man today. Thanks for announcing that deadline, guys lol. Congrats to the guys who did get the part, though.
No but I turned mine in Monday night so he might not have gotten to it yet. Or he hated it. WHATEVER!!! Did anyone else get an email from Ben?
Ben told me through an email that he listened to mine. I'm sure he sent you one as well.
Except here's the thing: As far as I know there are no known sprites of He-Man or Lion-O that can be satisfactory enough for a Death Battle episode. At least I'm pretty sure that Lange doesn't want to use the sprites from that bad Spectrex Thundercats game for Lion-O and can you name one game that has He-Man sprites to pull from?
I know they said they'd get a sprite artist to get the job done if need be but considering that Lange has been willing to also doing CGI fights in Blender on top of that, I'm kinda questioning whether it's just easier and more practical to do that for fights that lack character sprites.
I guess we'll just wait and see.
From what I heard only those who won have to keep it a secret for now. Once they announce who are the voices. They can talk more about it yet can't reveal anything in this episode.
Dammit, I've been sick for a solid week and this is the time they hold the open call! Once I heard it was He-Man V Lion-O I've been brushing up on my Lion-O. I'm pretty proud of where I got, until i got sick. My voice is finally good to scream with and the audition date is passed, can I still possibly send in and at least be heard?
when will the winners (and the rest of us) know who won? and how long after that until the episode?