DICE dishes out Battlefield 3 tips for my sorry ass
After the ass whooping I took in Battlefield 3 Beta yesterday, I came across these tips from DICE on the Battlefield Blog. Now I can make excuses all day, but truth be told, I was probably just doing it wrong. So don't make the same mistake as me and read these 10 tips before jumping on the beta tonight. It might just save your life.
- Stick to your team mates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
- Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
- Make sure when you have armed an M-COM station, that you defend it to make sure it is destroyed.
- The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Métro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up – and to blind your enemies.
- Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or going prone and zooming in – this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
- Use suppressive shooting (fire close to enemies behind cover) to negatively effect the enemy’s fighting capabilities.
- Watch out for falling debris as this can hurt you. But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer’s RPG.
- Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
- Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single fire mode if applicable.
- To grab your enemy’s dog tag as a souvenir, do a stealth knife kill from behind.
The Beta opens to the public today on all platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, and PC). It will be running until October 10th, so make sure to get some play time in and let DICE know what you think in the forums. Just try not to comment like xxxsouljagirlxxx, her feedback is not very constructive...