Flapperdoodle's Gaming Blog Ep. 122: The "Create Your Own SIDETRACKED Logo" Contest
All contest details are below. The deadline for all submissions is December 6.
IT'S TIME FOR THE FIRST EVER SIDETRACKED CONTEST! WOOHOO!
What Must You Do?
To win this contest, what you must do is take the SIDETRACKED logo template and create your very own rendition of the SIDETRACKED logo. You can re-color it, add pictures, do some blending, etc. As long as the logo is still readable and still, in a way, resembles our original logo (based on shape, letter design, etc.), it's good. In other words, if we could use this logo ourselves for the podcast, it is acceptable.
What Can You Do?
The main goal here is to make a version of the logo YOUR OWN, despite the fact we may use it. You can do some coloring of the letters, add pictures to the logo, warp the logo a little bit (possibly giving it a curve), you can blend colors, and many other things. You can even make a title card of the logo and place the logo in some kind of environment if you want.
You can use any form of graphic designing program to create it, such as Photoshop, MS Paint, paint.net, GIMP, etc. You may also hand draw it if that is what you prefer. You can even paint it if you want. We want you to be as creative as possible while still trying to keep the main template design present.
1. While this is a given, you must use the template. It's a bare bones version of our logo, and it is the best way to make your own logo while still making it easy for us to use. The design of the logo boils down a certain concept which we want to keep present. The logo is available RIGHT HERE. You MUST use this template in some way shape or form.
2. Absolutely ZERO plagiarism will be tolerated with this contest. If we see even a small, minuscule part of your drawing that may not be yours, that is direct plagiarism. Now, let's be clear, taking pictures from the internet to use in something in Photoshop isn't plagiarism. What it may be a is recoloring of a logo we already made, or a logo too similar to one we have made. We'll know when we're being cheated.
3. No matter how you do it, we need a digital copy of it in some way. You may have to take a picture of it if it is hand-drawn, and if that is the case it shouldn't be hard to do. But, let me make this clear…
EVERY ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST MUST BE GIVEN TO ME VIA AN IMGUR LINK.
I cannot stress this enough. It will make it 100x easier for us to get judging done and keep all of the submissions organized if we receive your submission via an imgur link. This way, we have a solid non-corrupted copy of it, and we know it will most likely stay good and non-affected.
4. We want all entries to be in a 16:9 format. It doesn't have to necessarily be 1600 pixels by 900 pixels, but we prefer that you keep it at least widescreen, whether it be a logo, a title card, or whatever you plan on doing. It makes things SO much easier in the editing room.
5. Be creative, guys! That's the big thing we wanna stress here. Creativity is one of my favorite things in life, period, so I wanna see what you guys can do. I am open to nearly anything as long as it isn't stolen and as long as it keeps the spirit of the original logo visible.
6. This was something I mentioned before, but I wanna finalize this now. Unless you are a previous co-host or a countdown writer, no behind-the-scenes personal may join the contest. Yes, it seems a bit harsh, but we feel it will better help the contest in the long run. Nepotism and favoritism is in no way tolerated.
Who Will Be Judging?
Glad you asked.
Judge #1: Flapperdoodle - The host, creator, director, most-of-the-time editor and part-time artist for SIDETRACKED. Flaps essentially runs the show and greenlights everything. He is SIDETRACKED.
Judge #2: JETZ.acx - Production Consultant and the man behind our intro sequence and credits every week. JETZ is also the man behind g1 Features, keeping an eye on all projects. JETZ also does a lot for the show in general and helps out a lot with various things.
Judge #3: TOKYOzombie - Official logo artist and overall fantastic artist. You may have seen some of TOKYO's work as his DEATH BATTLE pictures get front-paged on a consistent basis. TOKYO is overall a nice guy and a great artist.
Judge #4: ChaoticMeltdown - Forum artist, epic sig maker, and the guy who designed our segment title cards… nearly on a whim. Whatever you need, ChaoticMeltdown has you covered. CM has a great creative eye as well, making him perfect as a judge.
These are the four people responsible for choosing the winners. We will ask other members of our crew to choose their favorites to, such as Alpha Unit, Kailoli, and bigjoe91. Who knows.
The official day and time the contest is ending is Thursday, December 6 at 11:59 PM. If you send an entry after then, it will not be counted. Please send me your imgur link either via a PM on ScrewAttack or emailing me at email@example.com.
Ooh... this is gonna be interesting.
Here's how it's gonna work, prize wise.
Third Place: Your Logo on SIDETRACKED, and a shout-out to all mediums people can contact you.
Second Place: What third place gets, and a personalized drawing from TOKYOzombie himself. Essentially anything you want.
First Place: What third and second place gets, AND any Steam item or ScrewAttack Store item under $30.
If you suggest Steam, we will send it to you digitally. If you want the SA store, we can work out a way for us to give you the prize and still keep your address confidential and within the SA store.
If you have any questions, please contact me, Flapperdoodle, via PM on ScrewAttack or a tweet at @g1_Flaps. You can also contact JETZ.acx the same two ways: PM on SA or a tweet @JETZacx. We both will also answer any questions in the comments down below. But don't be surprised if JETZ tells you that he can't answer a certain question because I would be better answering it. I will answer as many questions as I can.
Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone in the contest! Spread the word so that way we can have a great turn out! And who knows? If we succeed with this contest, we may do many other contests like this in the future.
- Larry :)