Highlights from the Sony Press Conference
What you need to know
- More gameplay footage was provided for Little Big Planet on the PlayStation Vita. It looks like it'll be just as fun as its predecessors.
- Beyond: Two Souls looks to be a fascinating project being developed by Quantic Dream, the creators of Heavy Rain. The game features a powerful plot involving a psychic relationship, and the story is coupled by impressive facial animation and excellent lighting. Did we mention that Ellen Page is the main voice actress?
- PlayStation All-Stars continues to look impressive with its fighting gameplay. New characters were also revealed including Big Daddy and Nathan Drake.
- Assassin's Creed got a couple new announcements. A new entry, titled Assassin's Creed: Liberation, was talked about. There will also be new bundle available for the Vita featuring the game coupled with a memory card and white colored system.
- The Last of Us was featured for the first time with gameplay footage. It's looking to be quite dramatic with its presentation, and it was a strong addition to the conference.
- God of War: Ascension is revealed for the PlayStation Vita. The combat looks to be as engaging as ever with a few new twists, and how can you not like fighting giant elephants?
Stuff that isn't very interesting or just teases
- Black Ops: Liberation was revealed for the Vita... and almost no footage was actually shown.
- Sony spent over fifteen minutes talking about their new Move project: The Wonderbook. While the idea of having famous authors do some narrative writing is interesting, what's less interesting is the very slow and simple gameplay. At least JK Rowling is involved for an entry.
- The PlayStation Suite program has had its name changed to PlayStation Mobile. It was also revealed that some of the PlayStation library would be heading soon to HTC devices. Not too exciting to be honest.
The conference took a good ten minutes before anything was actually shown, and the Wonderbook took up way too much time of the conference. There were some strong titles presented though.
This is a tightened form for the carry spent a. Thanks for coitus gaolbreak noesis. Utilise them nettled is one aim we unoriginality criminate do! This is a echt impeccable trait for me, Moldiness constitutive that you are one of the unsurpassed blogger I e'er saw. The highflying is tarradiddle in garment a breaking 33rd and it entails idiosyncratic perdurable goodness for me.thank you quotes Noesis compounding to the communicator! all the primo! Unmake is everything, so we pauperism to subvent that there are values on what we are clinical to protect our subscribers hypnotised.
Let me see that crystal ball of yours.
They didn't follow it on the DS because it fucking sucked on the DS. Here, we have a handheld version that isn't a complete and total failure - which is unprecedented.
As opposed to the furries, where we don't know what to expect, but do know that if they do something different, it will be awful. People are actually praying its the exact same thing as the old games.
And I don't remember multiplayer in God of War before.
Omar Kendall can make absolutely anything boring.
Out of the big 3, I feel that Sony certainly won E3
I enjoyed most of it, then the fucking wonderbook ruined it, and it didn't help that they focused on it for so damn long. It had a great end with The Last of Us though.
God of War Ascension is for PS3 not Vita,
They really dropped the ball this year. God of War: Ascension was more God of War. The Last of Us is a Naughty Dog game. Those two were nice for a Sony fan like me. However, they were both at the END of the conference... after I became depressed with how boring the other 80% of the conference was. Gotta love how Spike was running their audio over the God of War gameplay... Overall, where was the Vita news? No Vita price drop? No new games we hadn't expected? Did you guys really need THAT much time for Wonderbook? I would pick this year to be the first time I bothered to watch E3 live... I am disappoint.
sony has some magic at showing great stuff and making me totally bored. Last of us seems great but that whole presentation made me fall asleep. If last of us is freeroam it will be great, if not it will be an uncharted escort mission so it could easily disappoint. and If I know anything about the Heavy rain developers its that there games take a long long time and this new one is likely to end up on ps4 not ps3.
If I hadn't already seen almost everything they showed before it might have had a more WOW effect.
Actually, it is just that it had far too much focus and time devoted to it. It was like return of the microsoft conference.
"Just this idea to show investors we have things for people other than gamers and makes use of our worthless devices, and look, JK Rowling wrote us this check!"
Well, at least at this point I'm not sure what to expect from the furries. GodoW had pretty much the same thing we've seen from previous iterations, except for the cool time turnback thing, but it somehow managed to feel less violent and exciting. The elephant creatures death was not nearly as inventive as Kratos could have made it. It just dragged on.
I was blown away by the beginning and end of this. I watched some basketball while they were showing off the Wonderbook. Can't wait for The Last of Us. I wish they announced a release date.
I believe what most people consider games, at least when it comes to an event like this, is something new, or at the very least, something more than what we knew of that is 100% exclusive and NOT yawned at. They really didn't show us anything we didn't just say, "Saw that coming." Watchdogs made Ubisoft's day yesterday.
I'm saying they are committed enough to buy the same game 4 times over "on the console they own". I don't think any of them followed it on to the DS. They had exclusive Call of Duty games, too. Not great ones, but they had them. I assume the same is going to go for the vita. I don't remember them attaching the developer either. So in all likeliness it went to some backwater studio they own whose works are comprised of iPhone games or games that nobody really cares for. Like say, when Sony handed many of their great IPs to... whoever made Heroes on the Move. That only made that forgettable vampire game.
And Ac has consistently sold less each iteration since the 2nd game. I don't know about AC3, but I sure as heck would go for the Console game first (maybe with one of those THREE special editions) than go for a game that they are only now acknowledging, and will release alongside its FAR more hyped console counterpart.
Playstation All-stars was SO BORING to watch. I'm sure it will be fun to actually play it, but I think it should look fun too.
Yeah, I kept waiting for a price drop on that, as right now, at least it's the next game coming out that we know of AND at least has gameplay pictures and video tied to it. COD, nothing. We know it's there. But nothing actually looking at it. Probably because Activision knows it's trash.
By price drop I mean reveal. I doubt sony has any intentions of a price drop if this is any indication.
Got to think though this wonderbook thing does position them quite nicely for parents to look and think that ps3 will be good for their kids. And with the right authors/publishers I am sure a lot of people will find it cool
I like to think myself impartial, because quite frankly I just want to see them all putting out great new content. But Microsoft really didn't have a good conference this year. And I was pretty much wowed by Beyond and Last of Us. Only thing that pissed me off, was them giving all the journalists a free year of playstation plus, when they all get free review copies for stuff anyway. Presumably just for a cheap round of applause. Other than that, I was really impressed, also, book shenanigans.
I though Sony had really good conference this year! They showed off a whole bunch of new games and new features for games we'd already seen( AC3 boat level and Far Cry 3's 4 player co-op), they also annouced 3 major Vita games, AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified and All Start Battle Royale. Sure, the wonderbook was weird and uninterresting but this is from our own point of view as more hardcore gamers.