A huge Street Fighter X Tekken re-balance is coming
Earlier this week during the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary panel at New York Comic Con, Capcom's Matt Dahlgren confirmed that Street Fighter X Tekken will be getting a large-scale re-balance later this year.
- Ken: Extended the forward distance of Shippu Jinraikyaku with damage increased!
- Kazuya: Becomes completely invulnerable when Demon God Fist EX is activated (until the attack ends)
- Cammy: Hooligan Combination can take off to Cannon Strike EX
- Julia: Increased the damage of Lashing Arrow EX with wall bounce damage
- Julia: Extended in-air time on short distance heavy punch and can chain to Super Arts
- Bob: Giga Jacker EX sends opponent to a hard knockdown state
- Abel: Wall bounce on Counter Hit of Shoulder Tackle
- Xiaoyu: Invulnerable frame has been added on Hakkesho EX
- Balrog: Dash Swing Blow EX on crouched foes makes them fall on their backside
- Heihachi: Increased damage on Chrome Dome! Also, MAX Chrome Dome can't be defended
- Ibuki: While falling after Kunai EX, Canceling can be activated on Kunai EX
- Paul: Invulnerable time on Shredder EX has been extended
- Bob & Paul: Their walk speed has become faster
Still playing this fighter since launch. Glad big changes are coming! I am still hoping for more DLC fighters.
That's right yes, and that's what they said would be fixed, and it wasn't.
The primary reason why this is such a big issue because characters don't deal enough damage relative to the opponent's health bar. The entire health:damage ratio for the game would have to be changed in order to fix the problem.
I'm glad i haven't picked this game up. I was expecting Capcom to make a Super version of this after about a year, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Now the problem is that the game seems completely broken :S
Yeah I said this before the game was released, all the preview footage and press-events it was in, everyone was getting time-outs. When I raised the concern I was responded to with "there will be considerable game-play tweaks before this is commercially available, couple that with players being more used to the mechanics, and you won't see as many time-outs".
Snap to today and... even tournament play and on-line is still riddled with time-outs. So yeah, gj. It's so easy to turtle in this game, and you can even use stupid gems to emphasise this.
What about the biggest complaint, the timer, Capcom? If you don't fix that then this patch is basically for nothing.
Ibuki is already a combo machine. She doesn't need anything more. BUT I'LL TAKE IT AND ABUSE IT, ANYWAY. Anything to slap around those that equip purple gems. I find those to be a bigger sin than DLC that's already on the disc.
Changes to UMvC3 will NOT happen anytime soon. Sinse 1. The team that made the game are working on other games, 2. By the time they come back together it would be 3 - 5 or maybe 10 years, which by that point most people wouldn't care.
There's no hype behind this game. I surprised they're even touching it right now.
And yet again I'm left waiting for that naked Cammy skin
It's nice to see that Capcom is still seeing potential in this game, it needs these updates. Hopefully this means they can also start working on umvc3 updates as well
I wish Capcom spent this much time on UMvC updates.
none of these "balances" seem like they're going to help anybody but the people that play the characters. fighting them is just going to be like 10x more annoying.
Since I just bought the 25th Anniversary Collection, it's good to know an update isn't that far away.
It took Capcom this long to fix things up on this game for real this time? What took so long!?
I really hope this game gets playable now. Keeping my hopes up