The Infinite Video Game Playlist: All-Time Favorites Edition [Finale]
Welcome g1s to another edition of The Infinite Video Game Playlist! This week, I’ll finally be concluding the countdown of my Top 50 favorite songs from video games. I very much enjoyed sharing these tracks with you and the little stories that I’ve attached to them.
- HM10: Donut Plains: Super Mario World
- HM11: Roof Top Battle: Shenmue II
- HM12: Ancient Ruins: Gunstar Heroes
- HM13: Dudley’s Theme: Super Street Fighter IV
- HM14: Mystic Cave Zone: Sonic 2
- HM15: Level 1: Super C
- HM16: Wicked Child: Casltevania
- HM17: Space Harrier Remix: Bayonetta
- HM 18: Chai Kingdom: Super Mario Land
- HM 19: Spider-Man Theme Song: Spider-Man
- HM 20: Jungle Rollers, Rolling Stones: Crash Bandicoot
- HM 21: Ripper Roo: Crash Bandicoot 2
- HM 22: The Streets of Whiterun : Skyrim
- HM 23: Cohen's Masterpiece: BioShock
- HM 24: Battle with Magus: Chrono Trigger
- HM 25: Clash on the Bridge: Final Fantasy V
- Track 15: Cornered Themes: Ace Attorney Series
- Track 14: Airship and Chop Chop Master Onion: Super Mario Bros. 3 and Pa Rappa the Rapper
- Track 13: Terra’s Theme and The Decisive Battle: Final Fantasy VI
- Track 12: Moonsong: Cave Story 3D
- Track 11: Wutai, Tifa’s Theme, Aeris’ Theme: Final Fantasy VII
- Track 10: King DeDeDe and Dr. Robotnik: Kirby’s Dream Land and Sonic 2
- Track 09: Training: Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!
- Track 08: Gym Leader: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
- Track 07: Shinra Inc.: Final Fantasy VII
- Track 06: Zorra’s Domain & Kokiri Village: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Track 05: Corridors of Time: Chrono Trigger
- Track 04: Time Travel: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
- Track 03: The Scott Pilgrim Vs the World Soundtrack
- Track 02: The Mega Man 2 and 3 Soundtracks
- Track 01: Cosmo Canyon: Final Fantasy VII
- g1 choice #34: Welcome to Crocodile Isle: Donkey Kong Country 2 (chosen by g1 MKTANK_754)
- g1 choice #35: Ending Credits: God Hand (chosen by g1 Meteo Dragoon)
- g1 choice #36: Musique pour la tristesse de Xion: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (chosen by g1 LordoftheDerp)
- g1 choice #37: Area 6 Defense Station: Star Fox 64 (chosen by g1 gamereviewerbr)
- g1 choice #38: Low Health: Operation Win Back (chosen by g1 DumpsterM0nkey6)
- g1 choice #39: Namco X Capcom: Morrigan Stage (chosen by g1 DaiSanSei)
Lots of great choices. Thanks for including these!
Guilty Pleasure? Idunno... Xion was kinda my greatest one there
my top 10 playlist goes something like this ( no order ): f-zero - big blue, mega man 2 - flash man, kirby super star - gourment race type 2, zelda oot - fire temple islamic chant version, chronno chross - opening theme, donkey kong country - funky's fugue, perfect dark -chicago stealth, killer instinct ( a tie of jago, glacius & fulgore theme songs ), tomba - 100 year old man's hut & super paper mario star theme
Pretty solid list overall.
I might be the only person who actually liked Crazy Chocobo from FFXIII-2, as I just find the concept of such a song being in an FF game hilarious in of itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4
After watching a ton of LiangHubbb's SF4 videos I got addicted to the music he used, including various songs from Street Fighter EX3. The EX games were not popular at all, but the music is actually pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioTKRcuvc4g
Ultimate guiltiest pleasure EVAR! From Street Fighter IV: Indestructible!
Stepping Wind from Klonoa 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_6jipjKyY I don't know why, but I like it so much.
I have but one to submit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH26jwB0tbY&list=PLC107C3246F26C0D5 - City Building, from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" on The Nintendo Entertainment System.
We all know the game is bad thank to AVGN, but this little ditty is the single good thing I can say about it for two reasons. 1) It's based off a musical score used in the actual MOVIE "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", and 2) It was put together by none other than Mr. David "BattleToads and Donkey Kong Country" Wise himself. Enough Said.
Hmm guilty pleasure tunes? Well the game isn't bad, but the instruments used suck; Wood Man's stage from Mega Man II on the Game Boy. I actually like it a little bit more than the NES version, except for the pitch, it's to high.
I can't find the stage theme by itself, but this 8-bit remix sounds similar just with the pitch lowered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AJHWx32USY