Konami will get 4Kids assets and licenses
Well here's a shock from my last blog on the subject, it looks like Konami will get pretty much all if not most of 4Kids assets if approved in a June 20th hearing from the purchase of the company that went bankrupt. As most anime fans know 4Kids is infamously known for editing anime by changing scenes not only by items like a Rice Ball and characters (Mr. Popo infamously changed from Black to Blue) and a whole series’ plot point. Hell 4Kids even removed Yugi's Mother entirely from the original Yu-Gi-Oh Series. ANYWAY before I get too carried away by past 4Kids rage, this is what Konami will get from 4Kids’ assets.
- The CW Network's Saturday Morning programming block (currently known as Toonzai) agreement terms
- Four Cubix agreements with Daiwon C & A Holdings, Cinepix, East Japan Marketing & Communications, CSC Media Group
- Dragon Ball agreement terms with Toei Animation and Funimation Productions
- Sonic X agreement with TMS Entertainment
- Yu-Gi-Oh! distribution agreement with Warner Bros.
- 2003 Yu-Gi-Oh! movie deal memo with TV Tokyo, Nhon Ad Systems, Shueisha
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time movie deal memo with TV Tokyo, Nhon Ad Systems
- TV Tokyo's agreement for Yu-Gi-Oh! seasons 1-3
- Nihon Ad Systems's agreement for Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! music and soundtrack agreements with Cherry Lane, SKG Music, RCA Music Group
- Yu-Gi-Oh! merchandise license agreements with 2Feet, A&A Global Industries, Bentex Group/Extreme Concepts, Boss Creations International, Coveroo, Konami, and others
- Yu-Gi-Oh! foreign broadcast licenses to Ares Films, Digital Platform Iletisim Hizmetleri, KM Productions, Magus Entertainment, Nickelodeon UK, SIC TV, Televix Entertainment, Turner, United Channels of Israel, YTV, and others
- The lease on 4Kids Entertainment's 23rd/24th Street offices in New York City
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Konami is going to be a power house in the entertainment and video game industry again if they get all the 4Kids' assets. To be honest I would never thought they would be able to get hold of Dragon Ball's license, that's the biggest shock in all of this. Anyway what do the g1's think about this interesting news?
Now that I think about it... Konami also made all those Yu-Gi-Oh! games, too...
You know, I was wondering why they haven't made a Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal game yet...
So Sega owns Sonic, but Konami owns Sonic X...
Yes, that's unfortunate. But, I don't have anything to say in response. Just that 4Kids either needed to change their business practices or cease business. They were the worst thing to happen to Anime in the US. My joy of 4Kids ending is lamented by the large job losses.
Agreed, but 4Kids went so, so much further, like replacing a pistol aimed at a kid's head with a wacky comedy hammer that would knock him out. They also edited out cleavages, turned wine into orange juice and salami, and completely dubbed out character deaths. Obscure cultural references aren't even half of what they did to needlessly sanitise cartoons, and we're better off without them.
I say this as someone who grew up with 90s cartoons, the golden age of animations being sneakily stuffed with degenerate adult filth.
If they were buying Funimation fine. But 4Kids is the embodiment of touchy-feely, terrified namby-pamby bullshit that makes even a liberal like me want to vomit. The sooner they die a quick and violent death, the better that children's entertainment will be.
There's that Double Dragon reboot coming soon.
Imagine Konami vs Capcom. That would be a kick ass game.
won't it be better if sega got sonix x assets?
OMG yes they did game those games! might as well get the whole thing
I will only watch anime that's dubbed if I do at all. ( I have too many distractions around me to keep up with words.) Most of 'em I couldn't care less about though, like Yugioh. That show is stupid. I don't think anime fans should be mad about riceballs and other Japanese stuff getting edited cuz that crap won't make sense to kids here, and that's who cartoons are for. Watch the subbed ones if it bothers you.
Yu-Gi-Oh!, now produced by Konami.
I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of Youtube videos being pulled down.
I never thought i would see the day that 4kids gets bought out and becomes non-existent
This article is wrong. Konami is only getting the YGO stuff, it's KidsCo., who are together with Saban that are getting the other licenses. This should be corrected.
Unless this means a(n honest to goodness) NEW season of Sonic X, I'm not interested...
Wait... didn't Konami try to use the 4Kids licence to make those lousy TMNT games or am I thinking about something else?
If Konami gets a hold of Sonic X, they could put Snake in there and have a battle between Snake and Sonic a la Brawl.
Now. Before we get ahead of ourselves. Remember! This is Konami, the company that hasn't made anything good in a while.
But what about all those people who lost their jobs?