Konami will get 4Kids assets and licenses
Well here's a shock from my last blog on the subject, it looks like Konami will get pretty much all if not most of 4Kids assets if approved in a June 20th hearing from the purchase of the company that went bankrupt. As most anime fans know 4Kids is infamously known for editing anime by changing scenes not only by items like a Rice Ball and characters (Mr. Popo infamously changed from Black to Blue) and a whole series’ plot point. Hell 4Kids even removed Yugi's Mother entirely from the original Yu-Gi-Oh Series. ANYWAY before I get too carried away by past 4Kids rage, this is what Konami will get from 4Kids’ assets.
- The CW Network's Saturday Morning programming block (currently known as Toonzai) agreement terms
- Four Cubix agreements with Daiwon C & A Holdings, Cinepix, East Japan Marketing & Communications, CSC Media Group
- Dragon Ball agreement terms with Toei Animation and Funimation Productions
- Sonic X agreement with TMS Entertainment
- Yu-Gi-Oh! distribution agreement with Warner Bros.
- 2003 Yu-Gi-Oh! movie deal memo with TV Tokyo, Nhon Ad Systems, Shueisha
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time movie deal memo with TV Tokyo, Nhon Ad Systems
- TV Tokyo's agreement for Yu-Gi-Oh! seasons 1-3
- Nihon Ad Systems's agreement for Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! music and soundtrack agreements with Cherry Lane, SKG Music, RCA Music Group
- Yu-Gi-Oh! merchandise license agreements with 2Feet, A&A Global Industries, Bentex Group/Extreme Concepts, Boss Creations International, Coveroo, Konami, and others
- Yu-Gi-Oh! foreign broadcast licenses to Ares Films, Digital Platform Iletisim Hizmetleri, KM Productions, Magus Entertainment, Nickelodeon UK, SIC TV, Televix Entertainment, Turner, United Channels of Israel, YTV, and others
- The lease on 4Kids Entertainment's 23rd/24th Street offices in New York City
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Konami is going to be a power house in the entertainment and video game industry again if they get all the 4Kids' assets. To be honest I would never thought they would be able to get hold of Dragon Ball's license, that's the biggest shock in all of this. Anyway what do the g1's think about this interesting news?