Developer, THQ, has clearly been on a budget this past year by making large cuts and focusing more on their core franchises. As for Darksiders, its future looks somewhat brighter.
Numbers don't lie; Darksiders 2 lead software sales in the US for the month of August, but the numbers are more impressive when it comes to PC sales. According to VG Chartz, Darksiders 2 sold 30,000 copies on PC in its first two weeks, a vast improvement over its predecessor which only sold 10,000 copies five weeks after its launch in 2010.
Here’s what the chart looked like for the month of August...
- Darksiders 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
- NCAA Football 13 (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (3DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PSV)
- Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, NDS)
As for a third installment to the series, Vigil Games' lead designer Haydn Dalton stated beforehand that Darksiders 2 needs to sell "4 to five million units"
It seems like some time will pass until they can reach that number, especially when the sales from the current gen consoles slow down. But Vigil is hoping that sales from Wii U version of Darksiders 2 will help push the over that number, it’s totally possible considering it’ll be launching around the holiday season.
So what do you think g1s? Are you dying for another installment to the series? Or are you to busy saving up for the all the upcoming AAA games this holiday season? Let me know below in the comments!