The Many Types of Gamer
NOTHING IN THE HAPPY GO LUCKY WORLD OF THE MATRIX IS SACRED
Favorite games: Mario series, Zelda series, Xenoblade, SNES Final Fantasys, Metroid series, Star Fox series, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Pokemon, Elite Beat Agents, Donkey Kong, Brain Age, Nintendogs, WarioWare, F-Zero, Almost anything Rareware has made before Microsoft bought them out, Anything Retro Studios will ever make ever in the future. EVER.
- It's not about HD graphics, it's about the gameplay!
- Majora's Mask is probably the best game ever.
- I have wasted like 400 hours playing each of my Pokemon games.
- Other M wasn't that bad.
Favorite games: PS1 Crash Bandicoots, Parappa the Rappa, Killzone, Final Fantasy 7-10, Resistance, Jak and Daxter, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet,Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, KATAMAWI DAMASHEE
- What you do, we do better.
- The fucking Move wasn't a failure...It wasn't! Admit it!
- I have like, 3 PSP Gos.
- Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray. Blu Ray.
Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty,
- I sure raped that fucking faggot noob last night. Stupid (N-word)!
- Fucking shit. I ran out of Netflix.
- Marty, we're going over to Eric's house tomorrow. Don't forget the Mountain Dew.
Favorite games: Pong, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Galaga, Yar's Revenge, Donkey Kong, Pitfall!!, Punch-Out!!, Zelda 1-Link's Awakening, Pokemon Red and Blue, Mega Man 1-6, Contra, Sonic 2, Street Fighter II, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasys 1, 4, 6, Duck Hunt, Castlevania.
- The classics do it better.
- All that innovation is useless. I'd rather play on my Genesis.
- Games today lack challenge.
- Emulators aren't the fucking same.
Favorite games: Tetris, Angry Birds, Pac-Man, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja...(Fuck it, I'll get back to this later. I know nussing about mobile gamers)
- My niece likes it.
- The simplicity is the best part.
- Hey, a touch screen is just as good as buttons--
- --Okay, not really.
Favorite games: Everything the mobile gamers likes, Just Dance, Wii Sports, Dance Dance Revolution, Fitness gamer #254, Dance Central-- I refuse to continue this list.
- Dude, go easy on me, I don't know the controls.
- I don't play video games that much.
- I must've wasted an hour playing Angry Birds.
- Dance Central has to be like, the best game ever.
Favorite games: Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 1 and 2, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Star Craft, Counter Strike, Battlfield, Portal 1 and 2, Minecraft, Skyrim, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Civilization, Dragon Age, and lots and lots of indie games.
- Dude, I am going to waste my life savings on a GTX 690.
- You're buying Battlefield 3 on 360? Dude, it has worse graphics and half the players!
- Fuck. Another Steam sale. I'm gonna be strapped for cash.
- I have no life...And proud of it.
Favorite games: ...
(If you don't get the last joke, Mac gamers don't exist.)
Oh gee, the Sony fan description sounds a lot like someone I know on this site...
I'd don't know I fit in; all these categories are so heavily stereotyped, I don't feel very near to any of them. I think you shouldn't be basing them all around their nearest console because not all gamers stick to 1 platform (and everyone sounds like an idiot or a jerk... that might be true to a lesser extent). Maybe you should try to look at how other gamers play games and really feel about what they play rather than typecast them like famous dumbasses on Youtube.
As a Microsoft Xbox Fan, I resent your generalization.
I am NOT twelve years old! >:-(
ah you for got the another gamer, the modern gamer who thinks 2D sucks and the "GRAPHICS IS THE BEST"
I think I would be an all around gamer that might lean toward Nintendo. I like retro, have a PS3 and Wii, and play some PC and mobile games.
I guess I would mostly be a Sony Fan, but I have one thing to say, FUCK YOU MOVE AND PSP GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOL! Great descriptions for all, especially Mac gamers.
Macs aren't stupidly made, they're fully-functioning computers. They may not play video games on them to a greater-extent (although, as evidenced by my local Mac store, that's changing rapidly,) but they run well and last a long time...
I'm a little bit of all of these except casual and mac
< Music-Rhythm gamer
Majora's Mask is the best game ever. At least in my opinion.
lol the Mac joke.
lol funny and true.
Just one thing: the mobile gamers (Assuming you are talking about smartphones) thinks that touchscreens are SUPERIOR when put next to buttons. I know some spoiled kids that actually get turned off at the sight of a portable device with buttons. Sad, really.
Don't rub it in! *runs off crying*
What you're missing out on is...A lot.
I'm also a Nintendo, Sony, and Retro gamer. I have Nintendo's and Sony's products, and I love playing retro games every now and then
LOL Nice job dude. That was great
Here's a few others:
Sony fanboy-"Metal gear solid is supposed to be playstation only! Metal gear solid was the first game, and it should finish on playstation! Fuck nintendo & xbox!"
Xbox360 fanboy-"so what if I have to pay for online, as least it actually works! stupid PSN"
PC gamer-"Pathetic consoles and it's aged hardware. My PC will easily demolish your puny xbox360/ps3. And no, my PC didn't cost $1000, I built it for a fraction of the cost."
But seriously, all platforms have fun games, it all depends on what kind of games you like.
I'm very Nintendo/Sony/Retro fan, inclined towards the Retro area. That said, I always look everything with a neutral light - no console, platform or era is perfect, so playing it all is key to becoming a true gamer.