An ode to MvC: Clash Of Super Heroes
Not a tribute per se, just an appreciation to a fantastic game.
When people think of the Marvel vs. Capcom series, they think of MvC 2 and rightfully so. A deep roster followed by snap backs, cross-over combinations, etc. that is worthy of critical acclaim. However, there's one installment that really gets overlooked and I'm talking about MvC Clash Of Super Heroes.
Sure there may be only 15 fighters to choose from and in some way that is kind of a downer. But this game makes up for it in special and unique ways.
- The ability to pick special partners by putting in certain codes
- The stages are beautiful.
- 2 vs 2 fighting with the ability to perform duo team attacks.
- The themes of the fighters are addicting especially Ryu's theme which is a remix of the intro of Street Fighter II.
- Finally and most importantly, the graphics are smooth and crisp.
The boss fight can be difficult but challenging at the same time. I always thought Onslaught was Magneto times 1000 (that's his second form I'm talking about.). At least he's not cheap like Abyss was (Holy cheese and crackers Abyss was the epitome of spam master) .
In conclusion, am I saying Clash Of Super Heroes is better than New Age of Heroes(that's MvC 2). No I'm not, I'm just saying this is a awesome game that is hardly mentioned in a roundtable discussion of MvC games.