[PAX] Downloadable DuckTales remake in development from WayForward
DUCKTALES IS COMING BACK! DUCKTALES IS COMING BACK!
UPDATE 2: It is actually coming to XBLA, PSN and Wii U eShop. No confirmation on a PC build yet.
UPDATE: A trailer has been added. It shows TONS of cool new stuff, plus a rendition of that classic theme song:
We've also been given some more information:
- It'll be for the XBLA, the PSN and the PC.
- It'll cost 15 dollars.
- It'll be available this summer.
- Hand-drawn sprites are the core of the aesthetic presentation, with those sprites being voiced by "Disney's authentic voice actors."
- The incredible Jake Kaufman will be remaking the original masterful soundtrack.
- The game will include some other cool stuff, like a museum, a tutorial, and even Scrooge's money bin!
That's all the information to report (as of 1:02 PM EST on 3/22/2013) but GOOD LORD, THIS IS AWESOME! One of the most unique platformers on the NES is coming back. Not ONLY does that mean we'll be getting some Scrooge McDuck goodness, that also could mean we might be getting other remastered Disney/Capcom games, like Aladdin or Goof Troop!
So... I'm excited. What about you, g1 Nation?