[PSA] Players are reporting save file corruption errors when trying to connect to GTA Online
As of right now, very few people have been able to actually enjoy this.
If my Facebook wall is telling me anything today, it's saying that a good bunch of you are having some trouble trying to connect to the most anticipated multiplayer experience this year, GTA Online.
To be honest, problems like this are kind of expected with online games like this. It's usually recommended to wait at least a few days or maybe weeks for the developers to work out the kinks and make the experience as whole as possible. What's unexpected though is this sort of problem, as a growing number of players have been reporting that after trying (and failing) to connect to GTA Online, they don't even get the the chance to replay through their single player because their save files have been corrupted!
Fortunately the victim count seems to be small right now, and developer Rockstar has already stated its going into 'kickass' mode to try to resolve the issue before the list becomes any larger. Here is an excerpt from their support page concerning the issue:
Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into.
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading,failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
Let's try to look at the positives for this. For those inflicted with corrupted save files, this might be their chance to enjoy the story mode all over again, this time with knowledge of how to do things effectively. For now, the best we can do is not take the risk, and wait it out until the problem is taken care of. There's plenty of stuff to do in offline Los Santos to pass the time anyway.