[Rumor] Durango Dev Kit technical specs discovered
8-Core x86 CPU, 8 GB of RAM, DirectX 11.1 Graphics Chip, pretty much a modern PC gaming case right there.
Editor's Note: None of this information has been confirmed, but what you see are the rumored specs of dev kits for Durango that are less than 9 months old. They don't seem out of the realm of possibility, but are hardly official.
According to VGLeaks, they have information on what Durango and Orbis will be. For now we will stick with Durango.
- Durango will support a 8-core x86 CPU, clocked at 1.6 GHz each core.
- A Direct X 11.1 Graphics Processing Unit clocked at 800 Mhz.
- Comes equipped with a 802.11 a/b/n/g Wireless radio frequency.
- A 6x blu-ray drive (hence the 50 GB ODD)
- 8 GB of DDR3 RAM
- A 2nd generation SATA port for Hard drives.... which is strange since we have SATA 3rd generations released.
- Of course a Kinect Port, with a USB 3.0 port
While these specs are impressive, they are not the 10x graphical leaps that Epic games, id software, and other companies wanted. They are around 5x graphical leap from the Xbox 360.
I'm guessing that they have to limit the graphical processing in order to reach the 400$ around MSRP. Still 8 GB of RAM and 8-cores is not something to laugh at. Guessing that the 8-cores are provided by AMD since AMD is the holder of the x86 architecture patent., and the only Intel CPUs that provide 8 cores cost way more than 400$.