[Rumor] A Wii U launch list so crazy, it has to be fake
Are you ready to play WoW on Nintendo?
Editor's Note: g1 CommanderZaktan might have posted this first, but HarmlessHazard's post was easier on the eyes. Kudos to everyone who caught wind of this and we will follow up as the story develops.
According to Dual Pixels, games like WoW, DotA 2, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive, as well as many other unannounced titles will all be available for the Wii U at launch.
Here's what they had to say:
The list is as follows:
- Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
- Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
- World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
- Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)
Electronic Arts (EA)
- Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
- NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
- Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
- Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
- Crysis (EA) (Launch)
- Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)
- Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
- Meteos (Namco Bandai)
- Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)
- Dragon Nest (Nexon)
- Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)
- Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
- Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
- Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)
- Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)
- The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)
- UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
- Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
- I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
- DotA 2 (Valve)
Seems really strange to me. I mean WoW? DotA 2? And most of them are just ports and HD make-overs. I think I'll wait until E3 to see just how far fetched (or true!) this list really is.
What do you make of it?
World of Warcraft on a Nintendo console? Yeah right.
was easy to see it was fake early on, as soon as I saw WoW
Still...Blizzard just...argh, I hate it when shit like this happens.
You gotta be shittin me. Can't be happening. If it is, though. I will cut off my private parts to get it
Who knows, maybe theyll help out activision without losing any quality!... I hope...
...and so my faith in Blizzard just went down...doesn't matter which way it went, they merged with Activision. And that there is bad in my books.
Yeah...I can understand a name usage, but if it's the Blizzard WoW, it better damn well have Blizzard show up upon booting up.
They didn't say if it was developer or publisher though, so it's still possibly. I'd love to play WOW on the WiiU right on launch. But if it's just a spin-off then.... no.
They could all be announced at E3. Games getting leaked before they were announced is not uncommon, but I will admit Renegade Ops sounds like a game that is Nintendo just shoved into the line-up to show how hardcore they can be.
Ummm... Just in case you didn't know Blizzard and Activision are merged. Believe me I just learnt this in my gaming industry class.
Don't think that Level 5 will be making Professor Layton games to the Wii U. But I would be very happy if this is the real launch titles.
Am I an alpha?
Fake. Reason? World of Warcraft by Activision. If that didn't make it fake right then and there, i don't know what else on this list could.
huh, mine got featured. cool.
Holy shit, this is awesome. I mean, it's obviously fake, but still.
OKAMIDEN HD 8D OMFG THAT WOULD BE AMAZING AND TOTALLY WORK WITH THE WII-U!!! OMG I HOPE ITS TRUE!!!
Okamiden HD, Super Mario Strikers Unlimited, NFL Blitz Touchdown, Big Brain University, Renegade Ops 2, WoW on a console! It could happen, but this would be a major leak...
World of Warcraft? Not bad if true. But I won't lie, the launch doesn't have me sold, but I'll still pick a Wii U up! (Okay... that sounded a bit weird)
Then at E3 Riggie says, that list was real and guess i'm the one who leaked it.