Smiffleupagus' Top 10 Game Themes That Get Stuck in My Head
How is it that you constantly get something stuck in your head? I think it happens to all of us, with many different types of things. It seems to happen to me with video game themes a lot. Here are the ones that I think of the most.
10) Auron’s Theme-Final Fantasy X- This is an odd one fore me. I typically do not get slow music stuck in my head. There is just something awesome about it that once I get it in there it just bounces around for a good while. Maybe its be cause I associate it with the awesomeness of Auron or something like that. Anyway, this is probably really the only slower one that I can put on here.
9) Frog’s Theme- Chrono Trigger- This is one of my favorite ones from Chrono Trigger. Now I wouldn’t say it is my favorite one from Chrono Trigger, but it is the one that I catch myself thinking of the most. I guess that it helps that Frog was my favorite character but that’s besides the point. The point is that this one is a dang catchy tune.
8) The Road is Full of Dangers- Super Mario RPG- I can probably pin this one to it being my roommates ringtone for the longest time. I could just be sitting in the living room and from time to time I would just hear the main riff start playing. Trust me that helps get something stuck in your head really, really quickly.
7) Click Clock Wood- Banjo Kazooie- Alright, Click Clock Wood, now this one actually has 4 variations in the game itself. I believe it is the Spring version that I most get stuck in my head, but I do get the other ones stuck in there as well. I love Click Clock Wood its just such a cool level, and this music was just so so so catchy to me. Perhaps that is why it was my favorite place to go in the game.
6)Super Mario Bros. 2 Main Theme- Okay, here is the thing I never liked Mario Bros. 2 all that much. Sure I played it, sure I beat it, but I would quickly find myself going back to the original or 3. But dangit if that old rag timey feel of 2 didn’t just get stuck with me for hours. Also, when you watched the Super Mario Bros. Supershow, all the various versions of it that they played definitely didn’t help you get rid of it.
5) Still Alive- Portal- This one get’s a special credit for being the only one with lyrics, and the only more recent one on the list. It is kind of slow but it does kind of pick up to though. I mean how can you not love GLaDOS in this? I especially get the opening lyric “This was a triumph” in my head. I think it is also the comic awesomeness of this one that makes me think about it so often. You have to give credit to a sarcastic computer.
4) Lost Woods- The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past- When I first played a Link to the Past, I distinctly remember getting to the Lost Woods and loving the music for it. As a kid I would go around humming it and still do to this day. I know a lot of people prefer Ocarina of Time’s Lost Woods to this one, but while it is catchy in its own right, it just doesn’t stick with me like this one does.
3) Mario Paint- Alright, this one kills me. I don’t know what it is about it but every time I am trying to finish my paper-work for work I end up with this. I have no clue why I associate this with doing paperwork but by God that’s what has happened to it. I mean don’t get me wrong it does make my work a little bit more enjoyable.
2) Green Greens- Kirby Series-This culprit has been redone for many different games in the series. However, every time I hear this one I end up getting lost in it. It doesn’t matter if it’s 8-bit, 16-bit, or orchestrated this one always sticks.
1) Yoshi Story Theme- Alright, how can you help but get this stuck in your head. Just thinking about putting this one on the list I instantly got it stuck in my head. Although, it usually hits me out of nowhere, I’ll be minding my own business trying to do some paper-work or trying to watch a show, and BAM, oh wha wha wha oh, oh wha wha wha oh. Ah this will be in my head all day now!
That's all for me this time, let me know if there is anything that seems to get stuck in your head in the comments.
Be sure to check out some of my previous top tens with theses links.
» Tagged In: #Auron, #banjo kazooie, #chrono trigger, #Final Fantasy, #frog, #Games, #GLaDOS, #Green, #Kirby, #Legend of Zelda, #Mario Paint, #Mario RPG, #Music, #N64, #NES, #Nintendo, #Portal, #rpg, #seven, #snes, #Stars, #still alive, #Super Mario, #Themes, #title, #top 10, #Top Ten, #X, #yoshi, #Yoshi Story, #zelda