Earlier this weekend, the development team over at Naughty Dog was pleased to announce a new patch for Uncharted 3. What's so special about this particular patch? Well, besides adding the usual gameplay tweaks that patches have been accustomed to, it will also bring about the return of the much beloved Uncharted 2 multiplayer feature The Lab!
For those who are unfamiliar with The Lab, Naughty Dog describes it as "a playlist featuring a unique series of multiplayer game types that our designers have concocted that focus on, above all, being fun." The first features to be added to the Uncharted 3 Lab are a a T-bolt and Pistole only map and Elimination Mode!
Here's the full list of changes players can expect from the upcoming patch:
- The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.
- The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
- Elimination Mode has been added.
- Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
- Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
- The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings.”
- Respawn Time
- Buddy Spawning toggle
- Health Multiplier – by percentage
- Sprinting toggle
- Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
- Medal Kickbacks toggle
- Boosters toggle
- Grenade Throw Back toggle
- If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
- Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
- The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
For even more info regarding the update, be sure to watch this video:
There isn't a set launch date at this time, but it should be available by the end of month.
There you have it Uncharted fans. It looks like you're going to have plenty more to do, very, very soon!