The Wii U spills its guts in front of a 'Iwata Asks' panel
Nintendo has released a series of photos to give everyone an idea of what the Wii U is made of. As a part of the most recent Iwata Asks panel, Nintendo engineers reviewed the console innards explaining the CPU/GPU combo, heat sink, and fan components.
There is even a comparison to the evolution from Wii to Wii U. To read through the entire panel, you can head to Nintendo’s website. Above is a gallery of the breakdown and the official specs of the Wii U are below. Now if we only knew what was going on with the Nintendo Network…?
- Internal memory: Basic – 8GB internal flash, Deluxe – 32GB internal flash.
- Wii U game discs: 25GB in size.
- Power: Bundled AC adapter – uses 75 watts of power when playing, 45 watts in power save mode.
- Dimensions: 46 mm x 172 mm x 268.5 mm in the horizontal position.
- TV Display: HDMI up to 1080p
- System memory: 1GB
- Game memory: 1GB