Yoshi babies in the office
I like to cook and since I made eggs for Dia de Juevos, I thought I would make some yoshi eggs to support Chad in the race for Japan.
Today is Friday and there is a battle brewing in the office. There will only be one winner by the end of the day and they are going to the far off place called Japan. I could not compete for a spot so I gave my support to other crew members. On Wednesday, two of my main outlets for support lost their spots in a brutal Sega Saturn game.
I was at a loss for words. Team Swag and Team Pro were both out of the running and I had to pick someone else. I decided to hope onto Team Yoshi for some support. Being a crafty inter, I made some chocolate covered cake balls in the shape of Yoshi eggs
Don't they look awesome!? I do hope these won't go to waste.
They are booby trapped though. They leave colored spots on your hands when you eat them, not to mention your mouth as well.
Don't forget to tune it at 3cst to see the grand finale of the IronMan of Screwattack!
If you want to make your own Eggs!:
Follow this simple recipe:
1) Go to Walmart and get your favorite box cake
2) Buy a bag of white chocolate chips, 3 white chocolate bars or some confectioners chocolate (I used a giradelle vanilla chocolate bar)
3) Buy your favorite frosting
4) There are coloring pens that you can buy to color the eggs
This is the fun part, if you don't like baking, then sorry.
5)Bake the cake according to the box. Then crumble into a bowl.
6) Mix the entire thing of frosting in the bowl of cake crumbles until it is all mixed. Roll into 1in balls and drop onto wax paper
7) THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! Build a double boiler (Which is a container full of boiling water and a bowl on top to heat the chocolate without burning it. If you put chocolate in a pan and cook it, you may burn it, making the chocolate bitter) Melt the chocolate.
8) Grab a fork and spook. Put the ball on the fork and then drizzel chocolate over the top until coated. Drop back on wax paper. Repeat.
9) Throw these suckers in the freezer until they get hard and then color to your hearts delight!
Hmm, what would you guys like to see me make? You can post it on my wall
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
Shelby, can you do more recipe blogs in the future? I love this type of stuff. Thanks for posting this.
Haha, that's pretty cool!
7/13/12 5:42pm = 4:42pm for u usa people thus i win, now as a prize i think i should get one of those eggs :3
Crap...all I wanted was to read comments concerning the cute eggs in support for Chad....I have yet to watch day five of the Iron Man >.>' Just gonna pretend I didn't read that and you're just another delusion in my head @_@
Uhh, I posted it at 230
this would have had a better impact if it was posted BEFORE he won :P or given to him when he won.... Crow is awesome :D
Can we cook these eggs? O:
Nice Shelby, but now I want to see you make one of the fuzzies from Yoshi's Island so the rest of the crew can "Get Dizzy".
Yucky, I'd eat them.
Awesome, Shelby! I'm in the baking/pastry profession, so anything dessert-related gets an automatic thumbs up from me!
They look good. I did something like this a few years ago but they were peanut butter eyeballs for a halloween party.
Hmm....not a bad idea. Not that I bake or anything, but I like to eat.
I don't; GO Dra- Nick!
They look good, and when those at the HQ eat them & tear them apart with their teeth, they will perfectly represent the team that will win today...Team Destruction!
very very nice.... I wants... :( cause i cant get any
I approve of this